Date: 2 September2016
Back-To-School sale programme - 26 to 30 Sept @ Gallery D, Podium
The School organizes its own 'Back-To-School sale programme' every year to welcome the students coming in/back to the school for the new academic year. This is to help you to purchase necessary materials and equipment that you will need in the coming academic year.
This year, the BTS programme is going to be held in week 4. Five companies from various design related areas will set up their counters at the Gallery D, Podium Level. You are welcome to drop by to check out the tools and materials being offered. These companies have promised to provide most attractive discounts to SD students across the products that they are offering.
Please note that since these are special offers to PolyU SD community, and only for a limited period. You will need to present either your PolyU staff card or student ID card, when requested.
The details are as below:
- date: 26 to 30 September 2016 (Monday to Friday)
- time: 1100 to 1900 daily
- venue – Gallery D, Podium Level, Inno Tower, PolyU
- participating companies are;
- Artland (art & design supplies - layout pads, sketch books, all sorts of hand-drawn media/colours)
- Canon HK (compact DCs, DSLR & lenses, DV cameras, printers, etc.)
- MCCM (own publications on HK art, design and culture)
- Winframe System Ltd (computer peripherals: power banks, memory cards, thumb drives, mice, external hard disks, etc.)
- Alcon (Venturer tablet/laptop)
In the meantime, there are some discount coupons from Artland for you to pick up at the SD General Office Reception Counter - V810.
Date: 30 August 2016
Briefing Session for SD Student Exchange Programme / 2 Sept 2016 (Fri) / 3:00-4:15pm / V312
You are cordially invited to the Briefing Session on SD Student Exchange Programme on 2 September 2016 (Friday). Its details are as follows:
Briefing Session on SD Student Exchange Programme
Date: 2 September 2016, Friday
Participants: All interested SD students
Participants will learn all the details about SD’s student exchange programmes.
Generally speaking, student exchange programmes are mainly open to Year 3 students and Year 2 students in CD for application, and the duration of an exchange is one semester, mainly Semester 2.
On 2 Sept 2016, staff from the International Affairs Office (IAO) and the Chinese Mainland Affairs Office (CMAO) will provide briefings on the student exchange programmes provided by PolyU. Afterwards, the Student Exchange Officer of each discipline / programme will provide you with a briefing on respective application preparation, assessment criteria, and selection of host countries.
Please don't miss it!
1/ Internal deadline for applications to the Exchange Officer of each discipline / programme is mid- to late September. If interested, please start to prepare your design portfolio now; otherwise, you might not have enough time for it.
2/ Please prepare for IELTS, if you would like to go on exchange in the UK. Your IELTS score should be ready at the time of your application.
Should you have any queries, please contact Steven S K Kwok, Executive Officer (Internationalization) at SD (Tel: 2766 4281 / Email: email@example.com).
Date: 31 August 2015
Laser cutting service booking
Please be informed that in order to improve the booking process, effective from 1 Sept.2015 , all laser cut service booking will be held in room V101b (1/F Tools Crib ). Please come to us from Monday to Friday 9:00 am ~ 11:30 am and 1:00 pm ~ 5:00 pm personally.
Please be reminded that the rules of booking as below:-
- Staff /Student must register in person at the counter of workshop
- Staff /Students are required to show their Staff /Student ID cards,
- Staff /Students are only allowed to book for one hour in a day session with one week advanced booking under our arrangement,
- Staff /Students are required to be present during the reservation period. If they are late for more than 15 minutes, there will be regarded as giving up the booking. The reserved period will be open to others.